Isle of Man banking
Bank with Barclays on the Isle of Man (IOM)
The Isle of Man is one of the best-regulated and most secure offshore banking locations in the world. And Barclays can offer you Isle of Man banking services that are second to none.
If you are a resident of the Isle of Man, we can offer you local banking facilities. We can help you manage your day-to-day banking, and organise your mortgage, investments and savings.
But if you are an international, resident non-domiciled or expat client, banking offshore on the Isle of Man with Barclays means that you could:
- Enjoy our expert financial and tax planning solutions, in conjunction with our preferred tax advisers Ernst & Young
- Use our savings and investment solutions to help consolidate and increase your wealth
- Hold as many accounts as you need
- Make transactions in a variety of currencies
- Gain instant access to your money worldwide
- Enjoy International Telephone and Online banking services to manage your finances*
You can apply for an international bank account based in the Isle of Man, as part of the following services:
Benefits of banking in the Isle of Man
For businesses, there are many good reasons to bank on the Isle of Man:
- It has a prosperous and stable economy
- Zero corporation tax for most Isle of Man businesses
- Attractive VAT status within the EU customs area
- Preferred location for non-UK companies currently listed on AIM
- An excellent IT and communications infrastructure
And for individuals, our knowledge of the island's international trading market and financial services industry is unparalleled.
Our team of Relationship Managers based in the Isle of Man are dedicated to providing you with expert offshore banking advice.
So with your Isle of Man bank account with Barclays, you'll have the expertise of some of the best offshore banking brains at your service.
Tax efficient banking
In addition to our range of banking services, we will also be able to give you advice on all the tax efficient savings, loans, mortgages available to you with your Isle of Man account, and a range of tax planning opportunities available from Barclays.
- Comprehensive banking, investment, lending and cash management services offered across the Barclays Group
- Access to specialists in investments, inheritance planning and our preferred tax advisers, Ernst & Young
The security of your wealth is always our concern.
- We help you organise the ownership, management and distribution of your assets
- Investment specialists work with you to create a tailored solution
- Our aim is to ensure that you and your family are best placed to financially deal with changing circumstances or unexpected events
- Ensure that your assets are financially cared for, during and beyond your lifetime
- We offer a range of trust structures for flexible succession planning or the benefit of chosen beneficiaries
European Savings Tax Directive
This measure was introduced by the European Union to ensure that individuals pay the correct amount of tax to the correct country, reducing any advantage gained by investing elsewhere in the Union. There may be certain advantages offered by banking offshore in the Isle of Man, particularly in the choice between the deduction of withholding tax and exchange of information. For full details, click here.
* Access may also be limited in some countries due to the prohibited transmission of encrypted data over telephone lines. Please contact your local embassy to check your country's legal position.
You have sole responsibility for the management of your tax and legal affairs, including making any applicable filings and payments and complying with any applicable laws and regulations. We have not provided and will not provide you with tax or legal advice and recommend that you obtain your own independent tax and legal advice tailored to your individual circumstances.
† Lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week except for 25 December when the lines are closed. Call costs may vary - please check with your telecoms provider. Calls may be recorded so that we can monitor the quality of our service and for security purposes.
The products and services described on this page are provided by the following companies, which are part of Barclays: Barclays Bank PLC in London and Barclays Private Clients International Limited in the Isle of Man, Jersey and Guernsey. For further Information on these companies and Barclays please read the Important Information.
Products and services on this site may not be available in certain jurisdictions. In particular, these products and services are not being offered in Japan or the United States or to US residents. For full details of exclusions and disclaimers please see the Important Information before proceeding. Each Barclays company reserves the right to make a final determination on whether or not you are eligible for any particular product or service.