If you are looking for an international mortgage, Barclays can help. We are one of the UK's leading providers of international mortgages and specialise in providing mortgages to clients from all corners of the globe.
It's worth contacting us if you are:
- Living in the UK temporarily and wish to buy a property there
- Moving overseas from the UK and are house-hunting
- Considering a second home or an investment property outside your normal country of residence
- Offshore mortgages - if you wish to hold your mortgage in an offshore location such as the Isle of Man
- Mortgages for property in the UK for owner occupation or buy to let
- Mortgages for properties in many countries outside the UK*
Whether you're purchasing a new home, looking to finance a buy to let property, remortgaging, or simply looking to make improvements to your existing property, Barclays offers a wide choice of mortgage products with competitive fees and interest rates.
To discuss your mortgage requirements, call us now on +44 (0)1624 684 305† or click the link below and we'll arrange to call you back at a convenient time.
International mortgages for homebuyers and property investors
Are you considering purchasing a property in the UK? Our expert International Mortgage Advisers will offer you a free consultation to take you through all your options. They will also:
- Help you understand each stage of the house-buying process in the UK
- Help you choose the right mortgage
- Explain the different mortgage repayment options and work out how much you can afford to borrow
- Help you complete the paperwork and guide new applicants through our account-opening procedures
- In addition to helping finance UK property purchases, we can also help if you wish to release equity from a property you have already purchased in the UK, for example, for renovations to your property.
Onshore residential mortgages
Whether you are purchasing a new home, remortgaging, looking for an equity release or purchasing an investment property in the UK, we have the flexibility to meet your individual needs. We can offer you a wide range of sterling mortgages including fixed, discounted, tracker and variable mortgages.
YOUR HOME MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON YOUR MORTGAGE.
If your loan is denominated in a currency other than sterling CHANGES IN THE EXCHANGE RATE MAY INCREASE THE STERLING EQUIVALENT OF YOUR DEBT. Terms and conditions apply to all mortgage products. We strongly recommend that you obtain your own independent tax advice before proceeding with an offshore mortgage.
Barclays will require a first charge over the property.
Barclays is a responsible lender and when considering your application for borrowing, your financial circumstances will be appraised. Remember should you run into difficulties please contact us immediately.
* To find out if we can offer a mortgage for the country in which you are wishing to buy, please contact us on +44 (0)1624 684 305†
† Lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week except for 25 December when the lines are closed. Call costs may vary - please check with your telecoms provider. Calls may be recorded so that we can monitor the quality of our service and for security purposes.
The products and services described on this page are provided by the following companies, which are part of Barclays: Barclays Bank PLC in London and Barclays Private Clients International Limited in the Isle of Man, Jersey and Guernsey. For further Information on these companies and Barclays please read the Important Information.
Products and services on this site may not be available in certain jurisdictions. In particular, these products and services are not being offered in Japan or the United States or to US residents. For full details of exclusions and disclaimers please see the Important Information before proceeding. Each Barclays company reserves the right to make a final determination on whether or not you are eligible for any particular product or service.